Wednesday, September 19, 2007

How Curtee Proposed!!!

Upon a Danielle's request I am going to tell you how Curt and I got engaged.

Curt and I had planned a trip up to BYU-Idaho so Curt could show me the campus and where he went to school. Curt and I were so excited to go up to Idaho and have a fun weekend trip!

Well, Curt caught strep throat and was sick the whole week so I missed him by the time Friday rolled around. Curt was feeling so sick, and he was still contagious until a couple hours after we were off on our way driving to Idaho. (luckily I didn't end up getting sick!)

We arrived at the Hymas's house early Saturday morning. When we woke up the next day, Curt had planned such a fun day for us! We ate breakfast, went and fed the horses and the steers. Curt showed me that he was "supposed to be a cowboy", by harnessing and riding the horse! I was too scared to ride the horse by myself so I rode behind Curt! I was amazed at how well he rode the horse!!! When we were done we went shopping, Curt got a new outfit. Yea! That was a lot of fun! Curt took me to the Christmas Carol that was playing at the University. The play was amazing and we ran into a few of Curt's friends as well as an old roommate! It was fun seeing Curt interact with his college/university friends.

We then went to Jonny Carrabas. The food was so tasty! I love Italian food, but for some reason that night it didn't settle with me very well. I felt sick! We went to the Idaho Falls temple and took a few pictures. I felt so sick by then I wanted/needed to go home. Curt waited patiently for me until I felt better. (Which was a long time!!!!) He was so persistent that we needed to go and see the 2:00am showing of "It's A Wonderful Life" I didn't realize the reason why he didn't take me home. I prayed so hard while I was feeling sick that I could feel better, and that I could make it through the movie. My prayer was answered!

I eventually felt better and was able to make it to the movies. By the time the movie was about to start, I was so tired and exhausted. I told Curt that I would go to the movies with him but I was planning on falling asleep. Curt told me I had to stay awake for his favorite part in the movie, which was about 20 minutes into "It's a Wonderful Life".

(We sat on the front row of the theatre I thought it was a little odd. Curt told me the front row was the best seating in the theatre. I didn't think anything of it) The movie started and we were watching it, and all of a sudden the screen goes blank. I said "that's crazy that's like the 3rd movie we've been to, where the screen has blacked out." Curt was saying, "Ya, that is crazy." (still I had no idea what Curt was up to, you should have seen his face, he was so believable like he had no idea what was going on) then all of a sudden the movie "Emma" comes on and I was like " Emma! I love Emma" and started quoting the movie. (still had no idea what Curt was up to) Then the movie cuts out, and is blank again on the screen.

All of a sudden, I was so surprised Curt and I were on the screen! I turned to him, and HEsked me "Did you do this?" There were a conglomerate of pictures of Curt and I throughout our courtship as well as clips of "It's a Wonderful Life" and "Emma". The music that we listened to was Keith Urban's "Once In a Lifetime Love" (which is Curts and my very cute song!!) As the song progresses it talks about a couple meeting, falling in love, getting married, having kids, etc. I finally realized what was going on when I found Curt on his knees asking me if I would marry him. I took half an hour to answer him, but I said "OK," He pulled out this beautiful ring that he had picked out all by himself and it was perfect! The ring I've always wanted! This was a total surprise, but I loved it! Surprises are the best! When Curt and I were talking Curt was telling me that my dad had said, "If she doesn't say yes to marry you, make her walk home." so it was good that I said yes, so I didn't have to walk home! I think Curt was excited too, he got me!! What could be better than that!?

The video Curt made me is just below this post so, if you want to watch it is SUPER cute! Curt is AMAZING!!! I love you Curt! Thanks for prosing the prefect way! All the girls that I tell the story to always love it, and think you are so creative and cute! Thanks for being so cute, hot, buff, and making me so happy! Loves!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Yea! See, this is the kind of stuff people want to know -- all the sweet little details.

How cute. I still remember when you first told me you were engaged, seeing the ring, and the long conversation you, me, Curt, and Jenny had about dating/boys, etc...

I have so many fun memories of the two of you.

I don't really believe in the love thing anymore, but seeing you does make me think that it can happen.

Thanks so much for your friendship Amy. Tell Curt "Hi" for me.

Love,
Danielle.

PS: I have a question for Curt. There's this 24-year-old melanoma survivor here in Utah and I'd like to do an educational PSA video with her. Would he be interested in working together on this? (I hope so!)

Curt and Amy said...

Ya, I love our story! We had a fun time! Thanks for encouraging me to write our engagement story! I don't think anybody besides you and I will read it, but I really enjoyed writing and reading how Curt proposed. Thank you for your friendship as well. I will tell Curt "hi" for you. I will ask Curt about the video.