Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Still waiting...

Hey everybody!

Curt and I are doing well. We STILL don´t have internet or phone in our apartment which is really annoying, so that´s why we haven´t really called anybody or emailed, blogged, etc. We are hoping to get the internet sometime this week or next. We were planning on having the internet as soon as we got here but the company is either taking forever to process our request or the guy who has a Brazilian social security number we´re supposed to use is a slacker.

Well our apartment it about 2 blocks away from the beach it is so close we can walk to the beach in like 3 minutes. Right now it´s high tide so the waves are huge!!! Yesterday when we were driving to Santos there were suffers on the waves, but it scared Curt and I because the waves splashed up onto the sidewalk so hopefully the suffers jumped off their boards before they crashed into the street.

Well, I wanted to tell everybody that I miscarried. Which is really sad, Curt and I didn´t know what was going on with my body so we went to the hospital and while I was getting ready to be checked out by the o.b. I misscarried. We went the best o.b. doctor in the world and he has been so helpfull and explained everything to Curt so well. I can´t tell what he´s saying, but he is so sweet. He checked everything out yesterday and he said everything is going well with the healing process of the miscarriage. I feel so blessed to have good health, and recovery. Curt gave me a really sweet blessing telling me everything would be alright with my body, so don´t worry!!!!

I feel the Lord´s hand in Curt and my life here in Brazil. We know it´s the right place for Curt and I to be right now! I love the people of Brazil, they´re so happy and giving!!! I don´t want to come back to Utah now!!!

I am understanding a little bit of Portuguese now, and speaking a little. It´s a completely different language so I feel crazy at moments trying to figure out what to say, and what people are saying to me!!! I just want to be able to speak the language, but Curt and I are studying Portuguese together for about an hour a day and then I study on my own. It´s fun learning a language, and the best part of it is when something clicks in your mind and you know a word or can understand what people are saying1 It awesome! Curt is being so patient with me as I´m trying to learn! He´s so awesome!

Hey Becky-mom, I forgot to tell you when I was talking to you on Saturday that my hands feel amazingly soft! I will take a picture and send it on the blog! Oh, my hands feel and look 10 years younger! Nick, Lida, and Kyra you all need to move down here to Brazil! You´re skin will love you down here!!!

Well... I hope all is well with everybody! I´m going to check your bloggs to see what all of you guys are up too!!! Love you all lots! Hope all of you guys post a ton while we are gone so we don´t miss too much of your lives and I will post as soon as we get internet in our apartment. It´s too risky to bring the camera here, somebody may see the camera and try to steal it!

9 comments:

kecia said...

I am SO glad to finally hear from you! I wish I could give you a hug though for the miscarriagge-I am SO SORRY! I have been there-twice and it really really stinks. We will keep you in our prayers! We love you!! p.s. tell curt the girls are taking good care of buddha.

Our Little Fam said...

It is great to hear how things are going in brazil. I am so sorry about the miscarriage. Are you feeling okay, Amy? We are praying for you and thinking of you. We love you guys and miss ya tons.

Cam and Chaly said...

It is nice to hear how you are doing down there! Sounds like an awesome adventure! We are so sorry to hear about the miscarriage, you are in our prayers and glad that your body is recovering well. We love you!
Have fun! Be safe!

Lyndon said...

Amy, it is good to hear from you and to know that you are doing alright. I'm sorry about the miscarriage and am glad that you were able to see a good doctor. I have to admit that hearing you talk about places in my mission is driving me a little nuts. It makes me miss things so much. You will do great with the language. Everyone gets it eventually, it just takes time.

Danielle said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! This just breaks my heart. It makes me sick inside. I can't imagine how you must be feeling Amy. How are you holding up? You sound so positive and calm in your blog post, but how are you really feeling? It must have been really scary not seeing a stranger doctor... wow.

You'll be in my prayers.

On the updside - how exciting to learn a foreign language and be apart of a new culture. I love that I had the chance to live in Japan for two years. I think everyone should spend some quality time in another country. It makes you a more well-rounded person, and appreciate things more. Plus, you'll have tons of great stories to tell.

Take care of yourself, Amy.

linda said...

I was so glad to hear your voice on our phone message on Saturday, but it was cutting out, so I was glad when Kecia called to tell me that your blog was updated. I had been checking it 3 or more times a day - eveytime I went downstairs at least!

I am so sorry and sad about the miscarriage! I know how happy and excited you were to become a dad and mom! I know Heavenly Father will bless you with many more.

You're in our prayers always!

Love you!

XOXOXO

Czirr Family said...

Hi Amy!!!. I'm so sorry for the miscarriagge...though I know God is taking care of you both.
I know how you feel about the language, but just have fun and tease evrybody..in portuguese or english it doesn't matter just have fun!. How are you doing with the food?...there's anything you love the most...or hate the most? check my blog I took some picture of Clair. She is so cute!! Well i got to go now. I know you are gonna have the best time of your life down there. Being alone with your husband is the best!!!!

Kalee and Mike said...

Love the blog! Have fun in Brazil! Feel free to take a look at our blog:)
Good luck

Erin said...

Hey you two! Wow, Brazil? Why are you there? I checked but didn't go into older posts. (I found your blog from Chaly-I don't know how she found ours).

Anyway, you look like you're having fun and enjoying yourselves. I hope Brazil is wonderful.

And, we're sorry to hear about the miscarriage, we know exactly how you feel. It made us more grateful when it all went right.

Here's our blog: http://sepayne06.blogspot.com/

Best wishes,
-Sam Payne