Monday, June 11, 2012


                             Blackberry Picking/Eating

Every year I like to make homemade freezer jam, and I hadn't seen any good prices on fruit, and so I held off on buying fruit. I was so glad I did. I was looking through a magazine and they said that you can go and pick fresh blackberries at a local farm. I thought that it sounded like a fun family activity! I was right, it was! The kids loved it! 


Nanni showing off her first blackberry! Yummy! I was so glad that I brought a basket for her. She would fill up her basket with a few blackberries and then just eat them all. While I had a 5 gallon bucket that I filled up. Made the picking go a little faster. 




This was Chase's first time eating a blackberry and as you can tell by his expression he thought it was a little tart. But after a few berries he was eating them faster then I could pick them!


 Nanni and Mikah. I love this picture of them! It's so cute! It reminds me of two teenagers that like each other and they're getting up the nerve to talk to each other! They are cute little friends!




It got really hot and so Nanni kicked Chase out of the stroller and sat down while Chase played on the grass while I tried to pick berries as fast I could. Seriously, it took me awhile longer to get the berries all picked because they would want the berries as fast I could pick them! I told the owner that I would only pick half a bucket and then he could charge me for a whole bucket. I was glad that he said that I could still fill my bucket up all the way. He said that's the fun of picking berries is to eat them while you work. So that's why the title is picking (me)/eating (Nanni and Chase) Blackberries!



                                    Chase is cooling off in the shade while eating blackberries!



Our family picture. Cute little Mikah wanted to be in the picture with us and enjoy the blackberries with us! I couldn't get the kids to stop eating the berries to take a picture. Lol! I love it!







I guess I was bugging the kids by taking too many pictures!Nanni is yelling at me to stop, Chase is                  looking away!




Nanni would take off the blackberry kernals one at a time and eat them! I thought it was a great concentration activity! Look at her face and hands! That's when you know she loved the berries!




                                    Chase's face is classic too! Covered in blackberry juice!



          Chase was still happy after us being there for 2 hours! My happy little baby!



4 comments:

Gayla said...

Sorry, I spelled Nanni's name wrong in my last comment.

Ben said...

Jealous! That looks like a blast and blackberries are delicious!

Papa said...

Berries, including thorns(!) have always been a favorite in our family. I give credit to my Dad, Kimball, for our start with berries. Dad used to always say his favorite berry was whichever he was eating at the moment. Raspberry, strawberry, blackberry,gooseberry, boysenberry, blueberry, not sure I know my favorite either. Boysenberry might be my fave? Yesterday, it was the mullberries on a volunteer tree we have. Thanks for sharing the fun you guys had.

SP said...

yum!!